How to Solve Netflix Not Working on Vizio Smart TV Error
Isn’t it painful when you purchased a smart TV to fulfill your streaming cravings and suddenly a message appears, “ Netflix not working on Vizio smart TV ”.
However, guides on different web sources don’t provide specific solutions for different brands of smart TV and will make you run in circles.
Even when you try to find a solution on Netflix’s official website, you failed to find something helpful that could fix Netflix not working on Vizio TV. But don’t worry, we are here to solve this painful issue for you.
Before addressing the issue of Netflix not working on Vizio smart TV, it is mandatory to have the prerequisites in place and then apply the methods to solve this issue.
So what are these mandatory prerequisites?
Prerequisites for Solving Netflix not working on Vizio Smart TV
If you can’t connect to Netflix app on your Vizio smart TV, then it is possible that you are not following the prerequisites.
Sometimes users do not check the prerequisites and start applying the solutions that result in failure to fix Netflix not working on Vizio smart TV. Always take the following perquisites before applying the solutions:
- Check Wi-Fi signal strength on your Vizio smart TV must be up to 3 bars
- The distance between your Vizio TV and router is not more than 30 feet
- The internet connection speed must be 3 MB per second
- Deactivate the widget from the dock and then add it again
- Clear the memory or factory reset the Vizio smart TV
How to Fix Netflix Not working on Vizio Smart TV
Vizio TV freezes and won’t turn off-Power Cycle Method
This is a very common issue with Vizio smart TV. When you open the Netflix app, it freezes and won’t turn off. It happens due to Vizio smart TV OS glitch. So if you are facing this type of issue, try Power Cycle method by following these steps.
- First turn off the TV
- Now plug off the switch
- Hold and press the power key on your Vizio smart TV for at least 15 seconds while TV is switched off (the power key is difficult to find on new models of Vizio smart TV – check at the back of your smart TV)
- Now plug back your Vizio smart TV and check whether Netflix app starts working or not
In case, your Vizio smart TV cannot connect to Netflix, it may the case that you are suffering from internet connections problems.
So, what’s the solution?
Vizio TV Internet Connection Problems – DN Server Setting Method
Another common problem in Vizio smart TV is that sometimes Netflix will show an internet connection failed, although you are already connected to internet. But don’t worry, this issue can be fixed by changing the DNS server settings. Follow these steps to apply DNS settings:
- First, open your Vizio smart TV and press Home button on remote.
- Now look for Network option and press Okay
- Search for Manual setting from the menu and press Okay
- Now turn off DCHP by pressing the left arrow key on Vizio smart TV remote to disable the settings
- Now scroll down and find “Pref DNS Server” > change the numbers to 68.222.222
- Go to “Alt DNS Server” > change the numbers to 8.8.8
- Now highlight the Save setting option and press Okay on remote
- Press Exit on remote and go back to the main menu
- Now check whether Netflix is working on your Vizio smart TV or not
By customizing these DNS server settings, you can adjust how your Vizio smart TV uses your modem and router to connect to the internet.
If this method still fails to work, then try resetting your Vizio smart TV to Factory Defaults.
Reset Your Vizio TV to Factory Defaults
In case the above-mentioned methods failed to fix Netflix not working issue on Vizio smart TV, then it may be the case that your Vizio smart TV OS is full of glitches. This can be resolved by totally resetting your Vizio smart TV to factory defaults settings.
Follow these steps to reset Vizio smart TV to factory defaults:
- First, open TV and press Menu button on the remote
- Now look for System option and press Okay
- Find Reset and Admin option and press Okay
- Now select “Reset TV to Factory Defaults” and press Okay option on remote
- This will reset your Vizio smart TV to factory default settings automatically
- Now after this process, TV ask you to connect to the internet, connect to your home internet and check if Netflix working or not
In case, all the mentioned above methods are failed to fix Netflix not working on your Vizio smart TV, then contact Vizio smart TV official to get support in order to fix this issue
Netflix on Vizio Smart TV FAQs
Here are some frequently asked questions about Netflix on Vizio smart TV:
How to use Netflix on Vizio smart TV?
If you already have a Netflix on your Vizio smart TV remote then:
- First Open the TV and press Netflix key on remote.
- If you are already member press Yes otherwise set up your Netflix account.
- Now type your Netflix email detail and password and select Sign in option
Enjoy your favorite TV shows and movies on your Vizio smart TV
How to reset Netflix on Vizio TV?
Follow the factory default method that is already mentioned above. This way you can reset your smart TV totally while using Netflix.
How to fix NW-4-7 Error, NW-4-8, UI-113 Errors
If you see these errors appears on your Vizio smart TV when try to open the Netflix app, follow the any of the above-mentioned solutions already outlined in this article. These errors don’t have a particular fix, as one solution might work for one error, but not the for another. Therefore, we would advise you to try any solution.
We hope you would find this article helpful to fix Netflix not working on Vizio smart TV. There is a huge difference between solutions to fix Netflix app on different brand smart TV.
We recommend you avoid to purchase Vizio smart TV’s as it is still not on the list of brands recommended by Netflix. But if you already have a Vizio smart TV, then try any of the fixes listed in the guide.
If you still have any query or confusion, contact us by mentioning your comment below