Netflix Not Working on Apple TV in 2018
Nowadays, Netflix has become a need for every binge watcher. However, it is very painful when you are ready to watch your favorite TV show or movie and suddenly Netflix not working on your Apple TV.
Sadly, when you search for solutions, you are unable to find it because various platforms usually provide solutions for Netflix not working on smart TV, rather than providing some specific fix.
Netflix’s official website provides some solutions that can assist you in fixing Netflix not working on Apple TV, but for Apple TV 2 and Apple TV 3. However, it fails to provide solutions for Netflix Apple TV app not working on TV 4 and TV 4k
This article will provide you proper guidelines and solutions for Netflix streaming problem on Apple TV. We tested multiple methods as part of the solution. Based on our analysis, we listed the most reliable methods for you.
But before getting started, there are some prerequisites that are mandatory to follow. Otherwise, the mentioned solutions will fail to resolve Netflix issue on Apple TV.
So what are these prerequisites?
Prerequisites for Fixing Netflix Not Working on Apple TV Issue
If you are planning to watch Netflix in Ultra HD on your Apple TV 4K model, it requires constant 25 MB per second internet speed to work perfectly fine.
We find so many cases in which Apple TV 4K users were frustrated that Netflix is not working on Apple TV, without checking their internet speed connection.
Another important prerequisite for fixing this issue is firmware update. Netflix is a streaming platform that constantly updates and provides efficient service to its users. So in order to prevent this issue, always check for the latest update.
If your Apple TV doesn’t update yet, then you may face Netflix not working on Apple TV issue. We suggest you to make it a habit to check for update or set the device to automatically check for updates and install them when ready.
Now that you have checked all these prerequisites, but still fail to fix Netflix this kind of issue issues, then apply the following solutions.
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Apple TV
This section will provide you some of the most reliable solutions to fix Netflix not working on Apple TV issue. We cover all the solutions for Apple TV 2, 3, 4 and 4K.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix app on Apple TV 2 & 3
If the solutions provided by Netflix failed to solve this issue, then you may uninstall and reinstall the Netflix app on your Apple TV. For this, follow these steps:
- First go to Apple TV main menu > Settings > General > Manage Storage > Select “Netflix App” > Click on “Dustbin” icon
- Now the Screen will appear asking to delete this app or not, select “Yes”
- After Deleting the Netflix app > Go back to the main menu > Open “App Store”
- Search for Netflix app and Reinstall it
- After reinstalling Netflix app > Sign in to your account.
- Now enjoy favorite Netflix TV shows and movies on your Apple TV
Reboot your Apple TV 4K or TV 4
Netflix on Apple TV issues usually only occurs on Apple TV 2 and 3 models. But if you face Netflix not working on Apple TV 4 and 4K, follow the reboot method to resolve it:
- Unplug your Apple TV device for at least 10 to 20 seconds
- Now Plug back in and check whether Netflix starts working or not
In case this method fails to work for you, try force close method to resolve this issue.
Force Close Netflix App on Apple TV 4K & Apple TV 4
Here are the steps to force close the app:
- Open the Apple TV main menu > Double press Home key on remote
- Now direct the Netflix app by swipe left or right side
- For force close, Swipe up on the touch area of the remote
- Now open the Netflix App again and check whether it works or not
If this doesn’t work on your Apple TV 4K and 4, try to delete and reinstall to resolve it.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix app on Apple TV 4 & Apple TV 4K
Using the below-listed method, you can delete, remove or hide any app from Apple TV 4 and 4K.
- First, go to Apple TV 4/4k main menu
- Find Netflix app and highlight it
- Now Press and hold pressing the touch surface of the remote until the Netflix app starts shaking
- Now use the Play/Pause button to delete the Netflix app
- Now the Screen will appear asking to delete this app or not, select “Delete”
- Now follow the steps from 3 and onwards of Netflix not working on Apple TV 2 and 3 to complete the procedure
Netflix Not Working on Apple TV Reviews
We went through different platforms to see that our mentioned methods for Netflix not working on Apple TV 2, 3, 4 and 4K actually resolve the issue or not.
However, we found that very few users are going through Netflix not working on Apple TV. One Apple TV user mentioned that the reboot method resolved Netflix issue.
Other Netflix on Apple TV FAQS
Can I watch Netflix on Apple TV?
Yes! You can watch your favorite Netflix TV shows and movies on your Apple TV by using official app.
How do you update Netflix on smart TV?
You can follow several guides listed on Netflix’s Help center to get dedicated guides for your smart TV. On the other hand, you can check out our guide for Samsung Smart TV.
Which channels are free on Apple TV?
Apple TV offers huge list of which are free. Following are the recent free channels on Apple TV.
- ABC News
- ACC Sports
- AOL On
- Apple Events
- CBS News
- CBS Sports
- Disney Junior
- Disney XD
- FOX NOW
- FX NOW
- HBO GO
- HBO NOW
- Hulu Plus
- iMovie Theater
- iTunes Festival
- iTunes Radio
- MLS Movies
- NatGeo TV
- NBC Sports Live Extra
- Netflix, NFL,
- 120 Sports
- PBS Kids
- Red Bull TV
- Showtime Anytime
- Smithsonian Channel
- Sky News
- Tennis Channel Everywhere
- The Beatles
- The Scene
- TV Shows
- USA NOW
- Weather Channel
- WSJ Live
- WWE Network
- Yahoo Screen
- Young Hollywood
What do you do when your Netflix won’t load?
You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to resolve the issue.
We hope you would find this article helpful to fix Netflix not working on Apple TV. As an advice, always check prerequisites before applying the above-mentioned methods, otherwise it will fail to fix Netflix issue on your Apple TV.