Netflix is the premier streaming service, and is preferred by many due to the fact that it provides quality content. Whether it is a Netflix Original, or a movie that was released in cinemas recently, the streaming giant manages to deliver. Now that 2018 is coming to an end, you will be wondering what iscontinue reading
Netflix Not Working on iPad/ iPhone/iPod Touch
Life without Netflix is incomplete. There is nothing more painful than Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Especially when your favorite TV show is already streaming on Netflix and you don’t know what to do. But don’t worry, we’ve got you cover.
This article will provide all the reliable solutions to fix Netflix not working on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch issue. But before applying these solutions to fix Netflix issue, it is necessary to follow prerequisites, otherwise, these solutions will fail to take effect.
Furthermore, there is a possibility of checking all the prerequisites, Netflix wont playing on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch may resolve without applying major solutions.
So what are these prerequisites?
Netflix Not Working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Pre-requisites
Following prerequisites may seem basic to many users. However, these prerequisites could solve your Netflix not working issue.
Check Your Wi-Fi Connection
It is obvious that you are using Wi-Fi to watch Netflix on your iPad/iPod. It might be the case that weak Wi-Fi signals could cause Netflix error. So always check your Wi-Fi connection and ensure that you are getting strong signals while streaming Netflix on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch device.
In order to check the Wi-Fi connection, follow these steps:
- If you are using an older version of iOS (6 or lower) then go to Settings > Wi-Fi option and check whether you are connected or not.
- In case of iOS 7 or above, then you can check your Wi-Fi connection by using control center feature on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Unlock your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch > Now swipe up from the bottom of the screen and simply tap the Wi-Fi symbol.
Check For iOS and App Updates
iOS and app updates may be the reason for Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Sometimes, updates are mandatory to fix bugs and update different glitches to provide a smooth experience for the users. Updating your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch iOS and Netflix app may solve fix this issue.
Check for Restrictions
As Apple is more concerned about its user’s privacy, there is a restriction option available on your iOS devices that may cause the issue. Therefore, always make sure that restriction for Netflix app is disabled. To disable the restriction feature, please follow these steps:
- Unlock your iOS device > Settings > General > tap on Restriction option > enter the passcode that you used previously (screen lock passcode may differ from restriction passcode).
- Now tap on “Website under allowed content” > “Add Website” > add “https://secure.netflix.com”
- This will disable the restriction of your Netflix app and may resolve Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch.
Check for Netflix Server Status
Sometime, it might be possible that due to updates and maintenance on Netflix servers, you could encounter this error. If Netflix servers go down for a while, you would not be able to stream your favorite show or movie on Netflix. Always check Netflix service status before streaming on your iOS device
After checking all the prerequisites, if you still fail to fix Netflix not working on your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, try the following method to fix this issue. Try all these methods one by one until Netflix starts working.
Top 4 Solutions for Netflix Not Working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
Restart your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch Device
Restart your iOS device may solve your Netflix issue. There is a possibility that due to large updates, your device fails to synchronize and restarting may force the OS for a complete update. To restart your iOS device, please follow these steps:
- Press and hold “Power” button on your iOS device and wait for red slider screen
- When red slider screen appears, swap the slider to the right to turn off your iOS device totally
- Now, wait for at least 10 to 20 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button again until your iOS device turn on
- Once your iOS device turns on, check whether Netflix works or not
If this solution fails to work, try to restart Netflix app on your iOS device.
Restart Netflix App on Your iPad/iPad
Sometimes when you open the Netflix app on your iOS device, it may be possible that Wi-Fi automatically disconnects and reconnects due to weak signals. This may cause the problem to stream content on your iOS device. In order to restart Netflix app on your iOS device, please follow these instructions:
- Unlock your iOS device > Go to Settings
- Find Netflix app and tap on it
- Turn on “Reset” option
- Now press the “Home” button to return to home screen
- Press the “Home” button twice > the apps which are currently using will open > find Netflix app > hold it and drag up to close it
- Now Press the “Home” twice to go back to home screen
- Reopen the Netflix app on your iOS device and check whether it works for you or not.
In case this method fails to fix Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch device, try deleting and reinstalling method.
Delete and Reinstall Netflix App on Your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
If the above-mentioned solutions won’t work for you, it could be possible that Netflix app fails to install properly on your device. But this issue may be resolved by deleting and reinstalling the app:
- Unlock your iOS device > find Netflix app > Now Press and hold on screen until it starts
- Now tap the “X” in the top corner of Netflix icon and Delete it
- Once the Netflix app deleted, press the “Home” button until apps stop shaking.
- Now Go to App Store and search for “Netflix” app (make sure your iOS device is connected to Wi-Fi)
- Now tap on the Netflix app to install it
- Once it has done with installation > tap the Netflix icon
- Now Sign in with your Netflix account and check whether it works or not
If still, all the above-mentioned methods fail to work, try to reset all methods to fix this issue
Reset All Settings on Your iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch
This solution might change your setting to default. But it will resolve your Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch issue. Follow these steps to reset your iOS device setting:
- Unlock your iOS device and go to Settings option
- Now tap “General” option > select “Reset” option > tap on “Reset All Settings” option
- After reset is complete, check whether Netflix works or not on your iOS device
Netflix not working on Different Devices
If you are facing same Netflix issue, you can also find quick solutions for:
- Netflix not working on Samsung smart TV
- Netflix not working on Apple TV
- Netflix not working on Panasonic smart TV
- Netflix not working on Vizio smart TV
- Netflix not working on Xbox One
- Netflix not working on PS4 or PS4 Pro
We hope you would find this article helpful to fix Netflix not working on iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch. Always follow the prerequisites before applying above-mentioned solutions; otherwise, you will fail to fix this issue.
You can try each of the method listed above to resolve the Netflix errors. In case you still have any confusion or query, contact us through our Facebook page.