Netflix is the premier streaming service, and is preferred by many due to the fact that it provides quality content. Whether it is a Netflix Original, or a movie that was released in cinemas recently, the streaming giant manages to deliver. Now that 2018 is coming to an end, you will be wondering what iscontinue reading
How to Watch Netflix on Chromecast with Android/iOS/Windows/Mac
Google never stops to amaze its users with its incredible tech innovations. Chromecast is one of the most incredible innovations by Google, especially for people like us who want to fulfill our streaming craving without spending high price on smart TV’s.
By just spending $35, now you can make your Old TV into a Netflix Theater with the help of Google Chromecast device. Yes, you read it! However, setting up Netflix on Chromecast is technically complicated as compared to other devices.
This article will provide you a detailed guide on how to watch Netflix on Chromecast that includes the following technical issues and solutions in the form of easy steps.
- How to Setup Netflix on Chromecast
- Netflix on Chromecast Setup Issues
- Netflix not Working Issues-Solutions
Before going through the following steps and solutions for Netflix not working on Chromecast, do check whether Netflix is down or not in your region.
How to Set Up Netflix on Chromecast
Are you ready to set up Netflix on Chromecast? If both Chromecast and TV are in front of you right now, then follow these instructions to setup Netflix and satisfy your bingeing cravings:
- First, open TV > go to specific HDMI screen in which you want to plug Chromecast device
- Now make sure whichever iOS or Android device you want to cast, must be connected to the same Wi-Fi connection as your Chromecast
- Now go to Google app from whichever device you are using and check whether cast icon appears on the screen or not
- If it appears on the screen, go to Netflix app and enjoy your favorite movie or TV show
Netflix on Chromecast Setup Issues
Following are some major and most common issues that you might face while setting up Netflix on Chromecast. If your Chromecast device is not working with whichever device you are using, following prerequisites will help you to fix this issue.
Always Update Your Devices before Streaming Netflix on Chromecast
The Netflix app supports both iOS and Android devices. The older version of OS is the only issue that stops Netflix to work with Chromecast.
Therefore, always make sure to use an updated version of your iOS and Android devices before using Netflix on Chromecast.
Use Power Adapter While Watching Netflix on Chromecast
This might be an issue with various TV brands, as they are unable to provide the appropriate amount of power supply to Chromecast device. Hence, it creates problems for users while streaming Netflix on Chromecast.
To cater this issue, you need to connect the power adapter with your Chromecast device that will provide enough amount of power supply to it.
Always Check Netflix App Update
Besides updating devices OS, non-updated version of Netflix app might create an issue to set up on Chromecast. Therefore, always check for Netflix update before streaming your favorite TV show or movie.
Don’t Add Any Special Character in Chromecast Name
Sometimes due to restricted code mechanism, when you try to synchronize two applications, they are unable to connect with each other due to the unique character used in the name.
Our tech experts also found this issue with Chromecast that if you rename its name with any distinctive character, it fails to appear on Google Home app. We recommend you do not use any special character in the name of Chromecast application when you plan to stream Netflix.
After applying, all the prerequisites mentioned above, if Netflix is still not working on Chromecast, follow the below-mentioned solutions.
Netflix is not working on Chromecast Issues-Solutions
When you are using three devices altogether, it might be possible that if two devices are working fine but one is not, so, it goes same for setting up Netflix on Chromecast. But don’t worry, you can resolve this kind of issues through the medium of our expert’s solutions which are mentioned below.
How to Stream Netflix on Chromecast-Android
Connect both Android Device & Chromecast to Same Wi-Fi
- First, unlock your Android device > Open Google Home app. In case you don’t have Google Home, download it now.
- Now Tap the Device option in the top right corner of the screen
- Search for Chromecast (if Chromecast icon appears on the screen, it means it connected with the same Wi-Fi as your Android device). In case, it doesn’t appear on the screen; it may be connected to different Wi-Fi
- Connect your Chromecast on the same network as your Android > Check Netflix whether its start working or not.
Sign Out Your Netflix Account
- Open the Netflix app on your Android device > go to Menu option which is located in the top left corner
- Search for Sign out and tap on it.
- After Sign out from Netflix, Sign in again and check Netflix.
Restart Your Android Device
- Turn off your Android device
- Now wait for at least 10-20 seconds and turn on Android device
- When your Android device finishes turning on, connect the device to the same Wi-Fi as your Chromecast
- Now open the Netflix app and check whether its start working or not
How to Stream Netflix on Chromecast-iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
Connect to Same Wireless Connection
- First, unlock your iOS device and go to the Google Home app
- Make sure that your Chromecast and iOS device are connected to the same network
- Now go to the Devices option in the top right corner of the screen and search for the Chromecast icon
- If the Chromecast icon appears on your iOS device screen > Open Netflix and check whether it starts working or not
How to Stream on Chromecast-Windows & Mac
Turn Off Unnecessary Chrome Extensions
- If you are using Chrome browser > Click on the link bar and type “chrome://extensions”
- The list of extensions will appear > uncheck all the boxes which seems useless for you
- Now try Netflix and check whether it starts working or not
FAQ’s-Netflix Not Working on Chromecast
Chromecast not showing up on Netflix
Use power adapter and prevent to use a unique character in the name of Chromecast device are the only ways that could help you to fix not showing up the issue.
Error Message “Updating the Netflix App” At the Time of Login
To fix this error message issue, always keep your device and Netflix app up to date. In case if this error message is still showing up, even after updating your device and Netflix app, check whether both devices (iOS/Android device & Chromecast) are connected with same Wi-Fi or not.
If both devices are using different Wi-Fi connection, then try to connect them to the same Wi-Fi and recheck Netflix.
I hope you would find this detailed guide to set up Netflix on Chromecast helpful and easy to follow. Always remember always to check Netflix service in your region that whether it’s down or not.
If you have any query or want to share, your valuable adjudicate with us, contact us, by mentioning your comment below.